Tuesday, December 13, 2011

December 12, 2011

A few more turns of the wrench and I'll be rolling on a new Intrepid hand cycle! Cycling has long been a favorite avocation and I'm ready to start racking up some miles on this new trike. At first, the miles will be flat and mostly downwind, but I have to start somewhere. Not only will the hand cycle be an integral part of my fitness program, it will be good for my soul! I never realized what a bike-nerd I was until I couldn't ride. I've missed the sound of the tires humming beneath me and the clean, mechanical purr of a well tuned drive-train. The moment I settled in the seat during the first fitting, I began to feel like I was back in my element. I should be riding by this weekend and will be sure to post pics as soon as I have some! Thanks again to the generous donors who made this happen, especially Cousin
Lori who ran the Chicago Marathon to raise funds for the cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment