Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 10, 2011

I'm sitting in my private suite at Hospital Angeles with my Brother Dan. It's actually the nicest hospital room I've ever seen. The staff is attentive, competent, and professional. I feel that I am in good hands here. Today's stem cell procedure went well and I'll be discharged tomorrow. The doctors harvested approximately 300ml of adipose fat (I have plenty to spare), isolated the stem cells, and injected them into my cerebrospinal fluid both above and below my injury site. Some stem cells were also transplanted via IV to provide systemic benefits. I'm excited to work hard, build strength, and continue my recovery (augmented by the stem cells). I'll be watching my progress and will keep you all updated. Thank you all so much for your love and support- without you we couldn't make this happen!

Love Berkey

2 comments: