Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9, 2012

Happy 2012! Beginning a new year brings to mind fresh starts, resolutions for self-improvement, and commitments to making things better than they were last year. Today I am filled with the excitement of possibility. In a few hours, my brother Dan and I will drive to Mexico and check in to the Angeles Hospital for a three-day visit.

Tomorrow, The Regenerative Medicine Institute will harvest stem cells from my adipose tissue and inject them intrathecally into my cerebrospinal fluid. After the procedure I'll continue to work hard at physical therapy and we'll see what happens. Science! I'm acutely aware of the uncertainty and skepticism regarding stem cell therapy. I also know the proliferation of research and clinical trials in the field tells me of the promising results and flat-out miracles happening every day. Roll the dice with me and hope for the best!

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO!! Good luck Bro! Keep us updated how things go!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete