Thursday, February 10, 2011

At Sharp Rehab

So I was transferred to Sharp Memorial Rehabiliation Center on Tuesday the 8th of Feb. It was fairly uneventful...except we had to make the trip twice because the ambulance drivers forgot to bring paperwork. Thankfully, I have been cleared to remove my neck brace while in bed and only need to wear it during therapy sessions or when I'm out and about. I'm looking forward to settling in here for the next couple of months and working hard on the road to recovery. Therapy right now is focusing on gaining more dexterity in my hands and strengthening my arms and core so that I will be more mobile. I appreciate everone's kind thoughts, but right now I can't answer my own phone nor type (Molly's dictating right now). I think after a week or so of settling in here and getting into a routine I should be able to start receiving visitors. Please continue to send your prayers and best wishes my way, as space is very limited in my small room and there is no room for flowers.
Thanks again to everyone for your support!

16 comments:

  1. Eric,
    You are the toughest guy, most generous friend, and best teacher I've ever met. We have more adventures to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eric,

    Your Michigan family is thinking of you and praying for your swift recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric-
    We are keeping you in our thoughts & prayers. You've beaten the odds before & you'll do it this time. WE LOVE MAN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric,
    Best wishes and a speedy rehab, my thoughts are with you!

    Regards,
    Grundy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many people rooting for you Eric. Sending positive thoughts your way every day. :) -Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brother,

    As you know, I have always admired and loved you. Your insatiable appetite for life is infectious. I treasure our friendship and look forward to seeing you soon. I know you will continue to work hard and succeed during your rehabilitation. The Steamboat Berkeys are rooting for you all the way. Love, Danny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Eric,
    Thanks to you and Molly for setting up this blog. I think of you so often durung the day and appreciate being able to hear of your progress. You are always in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
    Love, Aunt Mary Ksy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Eric,
    You have one mean mountain in front of you, but if there’s one person who can climb it and Chinese downhill to the finish line…its you. Adam and I are sending you positive fighting energy every waking/sleeping moment….we are pulling for you!! Xo Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eric,

    We're thinking about you all the time out here in Colorado. Keep your tough-bastard ways a rockin' and get well soon!

    Best,
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  10. JFDI JFDI JFDI JFDI JFDI JFDI!! You know you have our support. We love you!
    Mike & JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey my man, you have been on my mind constantly since Iheard about your accident. You are strong and I know you will make it through this. Keep your chin up! I am here for your cheering you on every step of the way. Stay strong and I will call you as soon as it is feasable for you. Take care buddy! James.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Captain.

    Keep your head up Berkey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Buddy,

    My mom in MI put you on the prayer list at her church. I've been on that list a few times myself and it works! You've been an inspiration since I've known you and I'm positive you will continue to inspire! See you soon!

    Jeff Adkins

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Eric,

    I first want to say "I love you"! You are amazing and the strongest guy I know. I have admired you from the moment I met you. The summer of "89" was the best ever! When you are ready, I would love to come see you. I know you will get through this. Hang in there my man!

    Love ya,
    Kellie Macleod

    ReplyDelete