Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday update

Thanks again for every one's continued support. I can feel all the good mojo coming in. Basically, therapy is focusing on building strength in my arms since that's the key to me becoming independent again. So there's lots of weight training, practicing balancing myself in a seated position, stretching and maintaining flexibility. Probably be here for another 7 weeks or so and then I'll be moving back into a private residence, though we don't know where yet. My team of doctors and therapists say I'm doing well considering how recent my injury was which is encouraging. The day to day routine doesn't change a whole lot, just a matter of working hard at my therapy and trying to get back what I can.


As I get settled into my routine here, I'll be able to see more visitors. Weekends will be a good time, since we don't do much in the way of therapy on the weekends. People who do wish to come visit, please contact my sister Molly to arrange a time @ berkeygirl@gmail.com. thanks again for all the support, I really appreciate your kind thoughts, they keep me going through the tough times.

7 comments:

  1. Strive on my friend. "New Reality" - new resources. Let us know what you miss that we can help you with. Music, contacts, whatever.
    Stay strong and remember your grin at the end of a workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your arms are gonna be ripped! Keep up the fight...you have an army of friends and family behind you sending love, healing thoughts and visions of nerve synapses. If you need an extra super spicy bloody mary for a lil added spark - i am on it. XO Janice and Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your positive attitude is aw inspiring... Lots of thoughts and prayers sent your way.
    XOXO - Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress, my man! Let me know when you get the okay to receive show-girls and the like. Until then, keep blowing through the barriers.

    Gibbs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Eric, I am sooo sorry to have heard of this thru FB.. I am with you in prayer and wish you and safe and healthy recovery. Let me know if I can do anything for you. God bless you. ~~Artemisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eric sounds like your spirits are up a bit I know it is tough and scary as hell. As you know I have just been though scary health issues but am now recovering so with that said I am sure you will too it just takes time. I am in the Sharp vicinity regularly It was every day for a while All the folks I met there were great even though I kept telling them I was learning not to like them but they did make me feel better about my self and kept me thinking I would be getting better.
    So take care my friend we are all pulling for you Stu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eric, I am so glad to be updated on your progress and milestones. I can tell from your blog that you have a huge support network of family and friends. Your extended "Roe" family is behind you 100%. Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way. xoxo- your cousin Carrie in Chi-town

    ReplyDelete