Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May 10, 2011

They said it couldn't be done. They said the SUV was too tall for me to transfer safely into. Dan and I were not deterred. We opened up my climbing kit and started pulling out gear. Using an array of pulleys, slings, carabiners, and a technical ascender, we rigged a 3 to 1 purchase and successfully (and safely) hoisted my carcass into Dan's Range Rover. Leave it to a couple of climbers. All that time spent watching MacGyver is finally paying off!

Don't let anyone tell you what can or can't be done!
Berkey

4 comments:

  1. Eric, you are an inspiration to us all. To plagerize what has to be a trademarked acronym, "JFDI" Brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes my brother:

    Nice to hear that your climbing gear is coming in handy. I can just see you guys rollin in Range Rover now.

    You will recall when Luke Skywalker said he would “try” to raise his sunken X-Wing Starfighter from the Dagobah swamps using the Force, and Yoda scolded “No….Do, or do not. There is no try.”

    That pretty much sums up your approach to everything in life, and that’s just another reason why I love you.

    Danny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric getting caught up on your progress, so proud of you and your endurance of your efforts. You are an awesome role model for us all. Hope to see you in your new digs soon :) xoxo Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric! I really admire this account! I imagine the next feat is climbing until the top of the Range Rover? :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete