Thursday, May 5, 2011

May 5, 2011

Off-campus trip yesterday! After wrapping up therapy for the day Dan and I grabbed a cab down to the day spa for massage and "manscaping". I've had very few professional massages but now I'm convinced that a deep tissue rub should be a weekly component of my therapy program...daily would be even better, of course! Afterward we hit up King Kong sushi- for the third time this week...yes, it's that good.

This afternoon, My therapists put me in the standing frame, a device that stands me up so my legs bear my body weight, an exercise that helps maintain bone density. After checking my blood pressure for orthostatic hypotension, they blindfolded me and strapped a stick to my hand. I proceeded to swing blindly at a pinata, something I haven't done in decades. Amazingly, some of my flailing resulted in solid blows to the target and now I'm enjoying a tootsie-pop as I write.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Berkey

1 comment:

  1. great going E. Jealous of the sushi. Heard from Mols and Chars that the new place is going good. Looks like your guys' home will be wundabar.
    Keep on swinging. e and g

    ReplyDelete