Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April 26, 2011

I hope you all had a great Easter holiday! Despite gloomy weather in Pomona I spent a cheerful day with family and friends. Good companions, food, and laughter can brighten any gray sky!

Big news of the day: I noticed the slightest twitch of motor control in my right thumb- a huge step closer to recovering function in my hands! I can see movement in the flexors of my forearm and a tiny bit of flexion in my thumb. Every day holds little victories!

Love to all,
Berkey

3 comments:

  1. Great news Eric! Sending motor movement energy your way. Hope you can make it in the pool - sounds like a good transition place for you.
    Your commitment makes you stronger and is an inspiration.
    Photographed Fin whales at the 9 mile yesterday on my way back from San Clemente. Thought of you. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a BIG victory....thanks for the update! Glad to hear your new set up includes a pool and a friend with good food xrss the street:) We think of you every day and send nerve synapse, motor control twitch vibes in every west ward wind. You are amazing. XO Janice and Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eric!!
    I was so excited to hear about your latest progress with motor function. All your efforts and the prayers of everyone will surely continue the improvements.
    Love,
    Aunt Mary Kay

    ReplyDelete