Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4, 2011

Like a recruit in bootcamp, I got my first pass off base today. We were working on dialing in the manual assist wheel chair last week and today we got to give a it a real world test as we went down to the boardwalk by the ocean in Mission Beach. Didn't end up in the sand or hit any rollerbladers, so the trip was a success! Molly and Dan Foley came with me, along with my therapists and we cruised along the boardwalk for an hour or so. We also grabbed some tacos down by the beach.


More exciting news, Molly and Charlie are now in escrow on a new house! I've only seen pictures but the place seems great and has an ADA equipped bedroom/bath!


Love to all!

6 comments:

  1. It was a beautiful sunny SoCal day and it was wonderful to see Eric out and about! The tacos were a nice break from the hospital food too!

    Love you so much Bro!
    mouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweeeeet!!!! Congrats on your first day out....there are many more sunny days with friends and tacos to come:) As always love and ++energy is heading your way. Xo Janice and Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to hear the good news Bro. I'm looking forward to spending some serious 'outside' time with you guys in the future. Everyone knows that Berkeys are solar powered. Love always, the Steamboat Berkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eric,
    So glad to read the positive updates! Yesterday was a great day in many ways it sounds. I am thinking of you often . Love Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome you made it to the beach Berx! You were rockin in that chair when I saw you the other day. I'm pullin for you brother and wanted to thank you for the things you have shown me in life and the adventures you have taken me on. If anyone is gonna beat this it's going to be YOU. Keep the updates coming and I will be back soon! -Fatty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely time... glad to hear you got a break with some fun in the sun.
    You deserved it...
    Much love from the TC Berkeys,
    Chris, Jen, Kirsten and Kerri
    PS - Hope you like the Girl Scout Cookies

    ReplyDelete